Patient Care Job Fair
OPEN INTERVIEWS JUNE 11 & 12
POSITION: PATIENT CARE REPRESENTATIVE
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: The Healing Center is a locally owned and operated company currently constructing three medical cannabis dispensaries in the Pittsburgh area; Monroeville, Washington, and Cranberry. We will dispense medical cannabis products to seriously ill Pennsylvanians with one of the 21 approved medical conditions. The Healing Center offers a competitive wage and benefits for all full time employees. Full and part time positions are available.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Pharmacist General Manager, the Patient Care Representative will assist the general manager in all administrative, clinical and operational functions within a fast paced, clinically oriented, environment. The PCR will educate patients and caregivers on medical cannabis products under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. The PCR will promote a work environment that is positive, patient service oriented and compliant within the guidelines of the state and company. The ideal candidate should be passionate about their role and have a strong willingness to help people become more educated about medical cannabis.
- Assist pharmacist manager in filling practitioner recommendations, and filing state required documentation based on PA state regulations
- Electronically file documents into member file folders, set up files for new members, and audit files to ensure information accuracy
- Consult patients, answer phone calls from patients, schedule appointments, and any other functions necessary for day to day dispensary operation
- Process recommendations for patients under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
- Prepare and provide support in all(onsite and desk) audit activities related to dispensary
- Assist in education and ringing out of patients
- Accountable for accurately using MJ Freeway point of sale system
- Assist in the check in process at dispensary
- Compassionate with a strong work ethic
- High school diploma or higher
- Previous dispensary, retail, or patient service experience preferred
- Exceptional patient service skills
- Experience in health care a plus
- Desire to learn about cannabis as a medicine in order to assist patients
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, point of sale software, and cash management a must
- Strong attention to detail, team player mentality
- Problem solver
- Must pass a background check and be at least 18 years of age
ADDITIONAL INFO: It is the policy of The Healing Center to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual’s age, race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic tests and information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.