Inhalation Methods – Gases enter lungs before absorption into the bloodstream.
- Vaporization – The most popular choice for health conscious, cannabis consumers. A vaporizer steadily heats herbs, oils, and concentrates to a temperature high enough to extract THC, CBD and other cannabinoids. It avoids harmful toxins released during combustion.
Oral Delivery Methods – All techniques administered through the mouth.
- Tinctures – Liquid cannabis extract made with a solvent, most commonly alcohol. Tinctures are generally administered by drop under the tongue where it is absorbed into the body.
- Ingestible Oils – Swallowed and digested like an infused product. They are often put in capsules. Ingestible oils are made by extracting the therapeutic compounds of cannabis with alcohol and then dissolving the solvent.
- Edibles – Eating or drinking cannabis provides much different effects from delivery methods that immediately enter the bloodstream, like smoking or vaping. They have longer onsets and provide full body, psychoactive effects.
Topical Delivery Methods
- Topical cannabis administration utilizes full cannabis extract that gets absorbed through the skin; good for muscle relief, aches and soreness. Great for localized relief.